Monday, November 12, 2007

**** WHAT'S NEW ****

We’re totally ROCKIN’ on the blankets!! 5 – 7 from Amy(CA), 5 from Cindy, 10 from Lora and 15 from Mic!!! Cindy’s DH, Mike, is IN for 60 pairs of gloves, and 60 knit caps are on their way to Bren’s house thanks to GBG! Trudy is sending 60 pairs of socks and offered up some cash for any last minute things that need to be purchased. Lora is also going to send munchie type stuff in 60 count and Phone/Walmart/Target gift cards. Amy's going shopping too...what a hardship for women, lol.

Chryssa spoke with Gina Sig Sauerpuss, who is also IN : ) Will update deets when we hear from her. She wanted Chryssa to tell everyone that her computer died and she hopes to be back on-line Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. (She also wanted to make sure that I told you she did not shoot the computer -- it died a natural death -- although she seriously considered pouring some rounds into it posthumously out of frustration.) Hah, I think we need an official inquiry ; D

Brenda is going to start baking cookies to bring in a tray…or 10…when the stockings are handed out, and I’m pretty darn sure she ordered the XO to make a Christmas CD…heh. Sin mentioned cigars and Santa hats, but I wasn’t sure of the answer… I don’t think Monday’s are good for Chryssa : ( She’s got lots of great ideas but no time to share right now.

BARNES & NOBLE DISCOUNT

Thanks to Chryssa for the Tree-in-a-Box idea and Veronica & Paulette for their offers of help!! V-Medic gets 30% employee discount. Paulette is a B&N member AND as a military spouse, she gets free shipping plus an additional 6% off. Chryssa is planning to send Veronica some cash to help out with the kits. If anyone else is interested in doing the same or contributing to some books or magazines, their discounts will sure stretch the bucks! Please email V or Paulette and they can update me, or email me and I’ll try to cajole them into being our B & N Elves : )

“NO-NOs”
-- Poppy seeds can alter urine/drug tests, so please make sure snacks do NOT contain them.

-- If you’re sending toiletries, please DON’T send mouthwash as it contains alcohol. There are alcohol-free mouthwashes on the market but they’re uber-expensive.

-- The guys can’t use tape of any kind to hang cards, pix, etc. so magnets are the safest bet.

MORE IDEAS of NEEDED ITEMS
-- Toiletries – Suave shampoo seems to be a fave, but of course, anything is appreciated (except mouthwash containing alcohol.)

-- Notepads for Journaling

-- Sticky notes of all shapes & sizes

-- Magnets, Magnetic notepads. Magnetic clips.

-- Stickers & Indelible markers to decorate their mugs & establish property rights : )

-- Totes or Backpacks

The stockings will be handed out the weekend of 2 Dec, but I'm sure Bren will make sure anything that arrives later will be distributed to the guys.

~ ~ Fa-la-la, fa-la-la, La-la-lahhhhhhhhhh : ) ~ ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ladies....I am overwhelmed....I know I keep saying it....but DANG SKIPEEEE....you all are awesome....I never expected such a HUGE outpouring...sniffles...GOSH...I'd have been super-dee-duper happy with just Christmas cards to them all:)...
I want to thank you all again...
and R&R thanks for rolling with this secretary work....I lost track way back at ....AE's "how about?" :)
Ladies please....don't go bankrupt....although, if you guys lose your lfie savings on this project you can live with me....but you have to sleep where the XO does....and that's in a cardboard box staked out over an ant hill....HOW UNPLEASANT????
much love and hugs
CMDR