Keeping it short tonight, ladies….I’ve been online all night searching eBay for bazaar items on the cheap…anyone want to take a wild guess who co-chairs the fundraising committee at Sugah Pie’s school???
Brenda got the A-OK from the RT, who clearly has no concept of her power...as she said, “You have no idea what is about to happen!” : )
Hopefully Grunt Love had a grand time shopping for balls…her email had me lmao...and Chryssa had luck with the book/wallet cards.
Teresa in AK offered up 60 individually sealed coffee &/or cocoa pkgs from The North Pole Santa Coffee/Cocoa Company…how freakin’ COOL is that???
Trudy provided a great example for anyone who is unsure what/how to write a card to these wonderful strangers we’ve adopted.
“When I write my guys, I write a letter that seems as if I know them for years...chatty....but I'm very proud of how I end it....here it goes:
Name,
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you and the other soldiers you serve with for what you are doing, not only for my family, but for the entire country. It takes a special person to offer such a sacrifice for a stranger and I want you to know how much we appreciate your efforts. It must be hard to be away from your loved ones for so long but I’m confident that they are also proud of you!!!!! As George Orwell said: “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf”…..so I thank you for my good
night sleep!!!!”
Trudy...I sooo wanna hug you!
Chryssa emailed me, but I know she’ll forgive me if I don’t condense/answer tonight.
Janet phoned me, but Mamacita had my cell…I hear they had a lovely chat : )
Brenda…as far as the tally the RT needs goes, AE, Chryssa, Gina, Debbie, Jan, Paulette and Mare have said they’re either working on what they’re sending, shopping in PA that weekend, or waiting to see where we fall short, so their contribution can help fill in the gaps. Chryssa spoke with Gina last night and mentioned stamps, so maybe that’s where she’ll focus her budget. So…more stuff coming, just not exactly sure what it will be. Here's what's confirmed & on the way to you:
Hmmm….Cindy's right. Apparently, Brenda has to do something very nice to her mailman and UPS guy this Christmas…oh, the sacrifices the CMDR has to make! ; )
Brenda got the A-OK from the RT, who clearly has no concept of her power...as she said, “You have no idea what is about to happen!” : )
Hopefully Grunt Love had a grand time shopping for balls…her email had me lmao...and Chryssa had luck with the book/wallet cards.
Teresa in AK offered up 60 individually sealed coffee &/or cocoa pkgs from The North Pole Santa Coffee/Cocoa Company…how freakin’ COOL is that???
Trudy provided a great example for anyone who is unsure what/how to write a card to these wonderful strangers we’ve adopted.
“When I write my guys, I write a letter that seems as if I know them for years...chatty....but I'm very proud of how I end it....here it goes:
Name,
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you and the other soldiers you serve with for what you are doing, not only for my family, but for the entire country. It takes a special person to offer such a sacrifice for a stranger and I want you to know how much we appreciate your efforts. It must be hard to be away from your loved ones for so long but I’m confident that they are also proud of you!!!!! As George Orwell said: “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf”…..so I thank you for my good
night sleep!!!!”
Trudy...I sooo wanna hug you!
Chryssa emailed me, but I know she’ll forgive me if I don’t condense/answer tonight.
Janet phoned me, but Mamacita had my cell…I hear they had a lovely chat : )
Brenda…as far as the tally the RT needs goes, AE, Chryssa, Gina, Debbie, Jan, Paulette and Mare have said they’re either working on what they’re sending, shopping in PA that weekend, or waiting to see where we fall short, so their contribution can help fill in the gaps. Chryssa spoke with Gina last night and mentioned stamps, so maybe that’s where she’ll focus her budget. So…more stuff coming, just not exactly sure what it will be. Here's what's confirmed & on the way to you:
- 60 – Stockings
- 60 - Gift bags
- 60 - Pairs of Gloves
- 60 - Knit Caps aka "Toboggins"
- 60+++ Pairs of Socks
- 60 - Stationary Sets
- 60 - Disposable Christmas Cameras ***fingers crossed : )****
- 60 - Magnetic Photo Frames
- 60 - Pieces of Christmas "artwork" from Kindergarten class
- 60 - Magnets
- 60 - Candy Cane Reindeer
- 60 - Friendship Bracelets /w 60 Christmas cards
- 60 - Soft, Fuzzy, Snuggly --- :o --- I mean REAL TUFF, MANLY Blankets
- 60 - Individually sealed pkgs. of North Pole Santa Coffee/Cocoa Company (combo)
- 1 - White House Puzzle
- 1 - Sports Trivia Game
- 2 - Phone Cards
- 1 - Coffee Mug Gift Basket-y Thingie
- 2 - Nascar Model Kits
- 1 - Football
- 1 - Basketball
- 1 - Soccer ball
- 8 - Trees-in-a-Box Kits
- 24 - Pairs of Wind Pants
- McDonald's Gift Certificates
- Notebooks
- Flip flops
- Sunglasses
- Flag Magnets
- Alchohol-free Mouthwash
- 60 count Box of Tootsie Rolls, Peppermint Rings and Bubblegum
- 60 count Box of Smarties
- 3 boxes Candy Canes
- Assorted Candy & Snacks
- Boxes/Pkgs. Generic Cards for the guys to send loved ones
- Permanent markers, pens, pencils, stamps and Goodies to munch....
- FRISBEES : )
- 1 - Kick-a$$ Holiday Soundtrack by XO H&K Productions
- Trays, plates, napkins, mini-flags and goodwill a'plenty : )
Hmmm….Cindy's right. Apparently, Brenda has to do something very nice to her mailman and UPS guy this Christmas…oh, the sacrifices the CMDR has to make! ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment